Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Deep Purple

Photobucket


One of my hobbies is making ‘tags’ or graphics in Paint Shop Pro. I usually base my projects on a particular idea – perhaps I want to illustrate a Blog, or maybe I just want to post a comment on a social networking site; one of those which says ‘Happy Birthday’, or ‘Have a Great Weekend’.

There is a folder on my hard drive where failed graphics go to die. Let’s face it, they don’t all work out. My successes are more about luck than expertise.

Today I dug up some of those ‘failures’ because I was doing some housekeeping on my computer. I found one in particular that seemed to have real possibilities; one entitled Deep Purple.

Now I have no idea what I was trying to achieve with Deep Purple and this was extremely liberating. It left me free to simply delete what didn’t work and replace it with something that would.

And, of course, there just had to be a lesson in that.

Most of the time when I front up to issues in my life I have preconceived ideas as to the solution. Now I’m no more an expert Life Coach than I am an expert in Paint Shop Pro. So, often, my preconceived ideas will only end up in the ‘failed’ folder.

Perhaps I should just learn to approach things with a more open mind?

©Lyn Murphy 2011

No comments: